[squeak-dev] NetNameResolver localHostAddress returns 0.0.0.0 in FreeBSD

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Fri May 20 05:57:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> What result do you get using the Etoys image? It uses the new SocketPlugin
> primitives (including IPv6 support), which if I see correctly have not been
> incorporated into Trunk yet.

Not sure how to use Etoys image. I downloaded Etoys To Go 4.1.1 from
Squeakland. Right off the bat it would not run because FreeBSD puts
bash in /usr/local/bin. I edited etoys.sh to fix that and it errors.
The unzipped folder is still in my Downloads folder:

$ ./etoys.sh
./etoys.sh: line 68: cd: /usr/home/gary/Desktop/Downloads/Etoys-To-Go
4.1.1.app/Contents/FreeBSD-i386: No such file or directory
./etoys.sh: line 69: cd: /usr/home/gary/Desktop/Downloads/Etoys-To-Go
4.1.1.app/Contents/FreeBSD-i386: No such file or directory
cp: Contents is a directory (not copied).
exec: /tmp/-d.GhRtmJ3g
etoys-to-go-Ht2FZ/etoys: not found
rm: Contents: No such file or directory

So I guess this is Linux specific. Is there an image I can run with
the usual vm?

--
Gary Dunn
Honolulu