[squeak-dev] NetNameResolver localHostAddress returns 0.0.0.0 in FreeBSD

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri May 20 14:20:57 UTC 2011

On 20.05.2011, at 07:57, Gary Dunn wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>> What result do you get using the Etoys image? It uses the new SocketPlugin
>> primitives (including IPv6 support), which if I see correctly have not been
>> incorporated into Trunk yet.
>
> Not sure how to use Etoys image. I downloaded Etoys To Go 4.1.1 from
> Squeakland. Right off the bat it would not run because FreeBSD puts
> bash in /usr/local/bin. I edited etoys.sh to fix that and it errors.
> The unzipped folder is still in my Downloads folder:
>
> $ ./etoys.sh
> ./etoys.sh: line 68: cd: /usr/home/gary/Desktop/Downloads/Etoys-To-Go
> 4.1.1.app/Contents/FreeBSD-i386: No such file or directory
> ./etoys.sh: line 69: cd: /usr/home/gary/Desktop/Downloads/Etoys-To-Go
> 4.1.1.app/Contents/FreeBSD-i386: No such file or directory
> cp: Contents is a directory (not copied).
> exec: /tmp/-d.GhRtmJ3g
> etoys-to-go-Ht2FZ/etoys: not found
> rm: Contents: No such file or directory
>
> So I guess this is Linux specific. Is there an image I can run with
> the usual vm?

Ah, FreeBSD. Etoys-To-Go does not include a BSD VM. Do you know if it can run Linux binaries? If so, then you could edit etoys.sh to make it work. Replace:

	BIN="$APP/Contents/$OS-$CPU"
with
	BIN="$APP/Contents/Linux-i686"

then run etoys.sh.

Or, as David wrote, just running "squeak etoys.image" should work, which would use your regular VM.

- Bert -