[squeak-dev] Impressed with stability

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu May 26 02:25:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 06:47:31PM -1000, Gary Dunn wrote:
> I want to acknowledge the development team for making the current release so
> stable. I have been developing a morphic book on how to make a morphic book
> (for Open Slate Project) and have been able to use lots of features and
> create a lot of content without crashing. Much better than the 3.x series.
> Only issues are the ones I reported on Mantis, setting fonts and the
> appearance of morph names. No crashes, no lost work. Fantastic.

This is good to hear. To me, stability means quality, no more and no
less. So it is good to hear that someone doing creative new work in
Squeak is experiencing quality, not bugs and frustration.

A special tip of the hat to Andreas Raab for establishing the development
process that has made this both possible and enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to reading your morphic book :)

Dave