[squeak-dev] Cmd-h on Mac OS X?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat May 28 09:58:43 UTC 2011

On 28.05.2011, at 02:50, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>  I recently started using Mac for Squeak coding.  I knew this has
> been a problem for some time but what can I do to setSearchString:
> when I pressed Cmd-h?

You can modify the shortcuts for system menu items using MacMenubarPlugin.

See http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3871

The original changesets for HostMenus are at

ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/experimental/Ffenestri

The most recent version of that code is probably in Pharo's HostMenus package.

>  Also, when I run a 3.8-derived image on "Squeak 5.7.4.1" on OS
> 10.6.7, I get a weird display artifact.  Since the VM is for cocoa, I
> just shouldn't even bother running it and use "Squeak 4.2.5beta1U"
> instead?

The 5.x line is not mature enough for general use yet, in my experience.

- Bert -