[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log
commits at source.squeak.org
commits at source.squeak.org
Tue Nov 8 23:55:10 UTC 2011
Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:
Silly preventive hack, really ugly, but I have no idea how it can happen.
- Add support for Community-Supported packages. The overall design is as follows:
- Add a new category, "Community Supported". For discussion, we'll refer to SMCategorizableObjects having this category as, #isCommunitySupported.
- Add this new category to all Packages whose members have departed the community.
- Change the server so that, when saving a package-release, if it is a new package release and the Package isCommunitySupported, then allow the release to be added by any user-account instead of only the package owner.
- That new PackageRelease is saved with the "Community Supported" category so it, too, may be updated by anyone.
- Legacy PackageReleases for that Package cannot be updated, because they will not be isCommunitySupported.
Backed out changes to file handling, not compatible with 3.8.
Fix for dragging messages out of filtered PluggableListMorphs.
- Added 'Filterable Lists Clear Automatically' preference. When using the Filterable Lists option, if this option is also selected, then the filter will be cleared as soon as the list loses keyboard focus.
Ancestors: Morphic-cmm.578, Morphic-Richo.583
Merged to Richo.583.
- Change operation of the backspace key so that it returns to the prior selection before filtering started. Enter selects the new selection.
- Fixed drag of message from a filtered list.
- When using the new list-filtering, if the user's keystroke will cause filtering to an empty list, then flash rather than present an empty list.
- Preserve 300ms "slow-keystroke" timing for when the legacy preference is engaged for filterableLists. That way, in case someone wants to press, t -- t -- t to go to the third in the list that starts with 't', they will only have to wait 300ms in between presses.
- Order the items with front-matching items at the top of the list, and substring-matches below that.
Ancestors: Morphic-cmm.575, Morphic-cmm.571
- Increased the slow-key threshold to 500 ms to accomodate slower typists. Because if someone needs to change their mind, then they need to have given 500ms thought in the first place.
- The Debugger and Inspector models use #toggleIndex: when setting their selection. Therefore, when we want it to be _selected_, be sure to check against #getCurrentSelectionIndex.
- When clearing the filter, it wasn't necessary to update the selection - since clearing the filter has no bearing on selection - we should just keep the same selection.
- For the new FilterableLists preference, when it filters to none, leave the filter-indication on.
- Also, whenthe list changes to reflect one of its elements no longer part of hte filter, change the model's selection so that the now-gone element is not selected.
Guard was necessary afterall.
- Added a new preference under 'scrolling' called, "Filterable Lists." When enabled, any keystrokes typed on any standard "list" (e.g., the ones implemented by PluggableListMorph) will cause that list to be filtered to only include the items which include a sub-string matching the typed characters.
All items of the list can be seen once again by pressing Enter or Backspace.
When the preference is disabled, the legacy function which scrolls the list to the elements which begin with the typed characters prevails.
Ancestors: Morphic-cmm.382, Morphic-cmm.382
Merged Morphic-cmm.382 from the trunk (the one with Michael Davies enhancement).
Added dumbbell-shaped text cursor as a preference.
- replace underscore assignment with colon-equals
More information about the Squeak-dev