[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-edc.588.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Nov 11 12:26:08 UTC 2011

On 11.11.2011, at 12:51, radoslav hodnicak wrote:

> I was asking about the diff showing an obsolete class
>
> +AnObsoleteParagraphEditor subclass: #TextMorphEditor

Yes, the package is broken. I moved it out of the trunk repository.

> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene
>> This is for SqueakCore, suppose we should have a different repository for it
>> soon.

No, we should not. Packages with the same name should be identical between the core image and the full image. The only difference is that there are fewer packages, and possibly alternative packages (e.g. FullMorphic vs. MinimalMorphic).

>> The change do not affect normal Squeak.

What's "normal Squeak"?

>> As I said in comments, Stack and others classes do not was in Squeak for a
>> long time.

That is not true. It's still there.

Just create a StackMorph. You can see the stack menu items by bringing up the halo on its "card" submorph. I just tried that in a fully updated image (11777).

Now I agree that this should be refactored so these classes can be unloaded cleanly. Some way would have to be devised to add those menu items only if there potentially is a stack.

- Bert -