[squeak-dev] Re: 4.3 Release Schedule: Feature freeze today

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 13:55:40 UTC 2011

2011/11/19 Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com>:

> On 11/19/11 5:57 AM, "H. Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> From: Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>
>> Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:32:58 +0100
>> Subject: [squeak-dev] Re: 4.3 Release Schedule: Feature freeze today
>> To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
>> <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>>
>> Could someone update the alpha download? It would be useful to have a
>> current version for testing.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>    - Andreas
>

> I have some ready, I interim nominate Squeak4.3gamma-11793
> 3081 run, 3050 passes, 7 expected failures, 20 failures, 2 errors, 2
> unexpected passes
> Failures

> DependencyBrowserTest>>#testClassList

	"Warning! When Collections' dependencies change, this test may start to fail!"
OK, the usual dependency weakness, see below

> ExceptionTests>>#testHandlerFromAction

Only the documentation is new, not the failure.
IMO it should be classified as expected.

> MCFileInTest>>#testStWriter

This one fails only once, when I replay, it passes.
IMO the test should be rewritten.

> MCMczInstallerTest>>#testInstallFromFile
> MCMczInstallerTest>>#testInstallFromStream

They didn't fail for me...

> MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorAt
> MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorInstVarAt

These should be expected with a non-cog VM no?

> PackageDependencyTest>>#testExceptions
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testMonticello
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testNetwork
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testST80
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testSystem
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testToolBuilder
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testToolBuilderMVC
> PackageDependencyTest>>#testToolBuilderSUnit

I never had these tests working correctly in my images...
I just have to try and diff/merge a Pharo MC subpackage, this creates
a new package info (like Multilingual-Languages)...
This then breaks all dependency tests (some 'Multilingual'
dependencies have disappeared and some 'Multilingual-Languages' have
appeared)
All this by the sole effect of browsing diffs - without performing any
change in the image...
That's pretty weak

> ProcessTest>>#testAtomicSuspend

?? VM problem ??

> RWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testExisiting

Seems like a new test documenting an old API problem
I hate RWBinaryOrTextStream anyway, the name stinks.

> ReleaseTest>>#testNoObsoleteClasses

It remains to see where these obsolete references come from... Does
this happen in a pure 4.2 trunk updated to latest ?

> SocketTest>>#testSocketReuse

This one happens to me on a Mac because I have some OS security pop up.

> SocketTest>>#testUDP

It sounds like a VM problem...

> SystemChangeFileTest>>#testClassAdded

We should correct this one.
Note that I don't much like the usage of file 'temp.changes', i
sometimes happen to have such files in use...

> WeakSetInspectorTest>>#testSymbolTableM6812

Doesn't appear here...

> Errors
> CompiledMethodTest>>#testPerformCanExecutelongMethodWithTemps
> CompiledMethodTest>>#testPerformInSuperclassCanExecutelongMethodWithTemps

The last one is expected on non cog-VM (maybe the test should be
protected with a shouldnt:raise: to transform the error into a
failure).
I can't remember why the first would fail??? it doesn't for me, either
in VM4.2.5 not in COG.

Nicolas