[squeak-dev] OmniBrowser and ToolBuilder

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 19:37:35 UTC 2011

Have you considered fixing / augmenting the general capabilities of
ToolBuilder with the needs of OB?

Seems like needing to know the selection at any time is something that
any TextMorph widget should be able to provide!  I'm pretty surprised
it doesn't already.

Are there very many more cases where ToolBuilder falls short?

Does your option 4 mean you need to chanse existing base methods?  You
said, "add" the functionality so maybe you mean only add extensions.
If that is the case, I think that's fine.  However, if you meant the
former, then my concern about option 4 would be that it would pretty
much guarantee a continued "dichotomy" between ToolBuilder and OB.  I
like a lot of OB, but wouldn't be able to use it if I had to abandon
the highly-productive windows we have now..

 - Chris