[squeak-dev] SqueakSSL on Windows

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Sat Nov 26 16:55:06 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I loaded SqueakSSL-Core-ar.22.mcz and SqueakSSL-Tests-ar-13.mcz from the
Monticello repository http://www.squeaksource.com/SqueakSSL into a Squeak
4.2 All-in-One image directly from the squeak.org website (which has not
been updated).

The following method: SqueakSSLTest >> #expectedFailures is implemented
thusly:

expectedFailures
"If we don't have a cert all the tests fail"

SqueakSSL platformName = 'Mac OS' ifTrue:[
"The following tests all need certificate selection
to work properly."
^#(
testConnectAccept
testEncryptDecrypt
testMultiFrameDecrypt
testSingleByteDecrypt
testSplitTlsFrameRead
testStreamAccept
testStreamConnect
testStreamTransfer
)
].

This clearly doesn't work on Windows at all, since TestCase >> #shouldPass
sends #includes: to the result of that method, which (if you're not running
Mac OS) is the SqueakSSLTest instance.

I added:

^super expectedFailures

at the bottom, and the tests at least don't choke before they start now.

Now the tests all fail. I grabbed the latest DLL from
http://code.google.com/p/squeakssl/downloads/list, replaced the one that
came with 4.2, and now all the tests pass :-)

I'm hoping to be able to send & receive email from a specific gmail account
using this - any suggestions?

- Jon