[squeak-dev] [Bug][Fix] In ReferenceStream, code review request

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Nov 28 00:00:35 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 02:28:23PM -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I found a bug in Cuis that made weak references to be improperly dumped
> in SmartRefStreams due to a bug in ReferenceStream. When I tried to
> reproduce the bug and fix in Squeak, I found out that in Squeak weak
> references are always dumped (and not just the more subtle bug in Cuis).
> The attach includes a test and fix. I'm confident about the fix in the
> context of Cuis, but I only played a few minutes with this in Squeak.
>
> Can anybody check this for Squeak and consider it for inclusion?
>
> Thanks,
> Juan Vuletich

This is in the inbox as Kernel-dtl.655.mcz, System-dtl.461.mcz, and
Tests-dtl.136.mcz.

I cleaned up a few <cr><lf> issues in the change set, and also moved
the unit test into category 'Tests-System-Object Storage' because
ReferenceStream is in category: 'System-Object Storage'.

The changes look good to me. We are in feature freeze for Squeak 4.3,
so is it OK to move this to trunk?

Dave