Carbon and Cocoa (was [squeak-dev] Balloon3D: not loading in trunk)

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 16:01:22 UTC 2011

  "looking at Carbon, learning C" versus "looking at the
objc frameworks that replace Carbon" ?"

Yes. Carbon uses C; Cocoa uses Objective C. More to the point for what we're talking about, if you look at the Mac source code for the
VM you'll see Carbon and iOS (Cocoa) folders. I thought the VM source to look at was in the Carbon folder and the iOS code was just for
actual mobile devices that John Macintosh built. Igor and Esteban are moving towards using Cocoa and Objective C. So, I'm learning
Objective C and looking in the iOS folder.

Chris