[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board minutes – 10/18/11

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Oct 19 14:53:32 UTC 2011

>> - Jecel is going to look at Linux distros and the vms they use

Derek> What's wrong with Linux? Squeak 4.2 + CogVM running fine here on
Derek> Ubuntu 9.10

The problem we discussed is that the packages with most linux
distributions are *not* the CogVM yet (rightfully so).  So we are trying
to address the issue of "get vm from packages, get image from
squeak.org".

If that's a smaller issue than we should worry about... as in, everyone
who would be downloading 4.3 is smart enough to also pick up the CogVM
as well, then maybe we can just blast forward.  Thoughts?