[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Mon Oct 24 23:55:06 UTC 2011

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2011-October/005046.html

Name: Compiler-nice.219
Ancestors: Compiler-nice.218

Let a binary selector be composed of vertical bars.

Since st80, such selector were not composed at scan time because of ambiguity with empty temporaries spec || and latter with temporaries in a block of arity >0 like ^[:e|| tmp | tmp := e]
But a hack in the Parser did authorize a single #| as a valid binary.
Since
- we can unambiguously extend this hack easily,
- ANSI seems to tell it's a valid binary character in a binary selector,
- I never saw any grammar definition explicitely forbidding this,
Let's just do it.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2011-October/005047.html

Name: Tests-nice.133
Ancestors: Tests-eem.132

Add tests for binary selectors with vertical bar