[squeak-dev] Squeak on Google Native Client

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 22:48:17 UTC 2011

That's pretty cool.

I entered about:flags in the address bar and changed the NativeClient
setting to enable. Then I did it for about:plugins. I came back, hit the
link, and it said the plugin was not allowed. After flopping around lots
of NaCl docs, I managed to make it work by downloading a demo called
Ogre, which deposited 50M of stuff on my computer. It's available here:

http://www.gonacl.com/dev/demos.html

Then I closed and opened Chrome. The flags stayed set and the link ran.

Oh, yea. One more thing: wait. It may take a few seconds to appear.

It's very cool. I like the bridge a lot. If I recall correctly the
Squeak plugin didn't interact with the outside world in any way.

What's the story on the PepperPlugin I see referred to in
NativeClientBrdige>>#handleMessage? How did you make that?

Chris