[squeak-dev] Squeak on Google Native Client

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Oct 28 23:04:09 UTC 2011

At Fri, 28 Oct 2011 18:48:17 -0400,
Chris Cunnington wrote:

> That's pretty cool.
>
> I entered about:flags in the address bar and changed the NativeClient
> setting to enable. Then I did it for about:plugins. I came back, hit the
> link, and it said the plugin was not allowed. After flopping around lots
> of NaCl docs, I managed to make it work by downloading a demo called
> Ogre, which deposited 50M of stuff on my computer. It's available here:
>
> http://www.gonacl.com/dev/demos.html

  Wow.  In any case...  I remember that there used to be only one
setting to enable NaCl but I don't know why they need two settings now.

> Oh, yea. One more thing: wait. It may take a few seconds to appear.

  Supposedly, the next time and after, it should be fairly quick to launch.

> It's very cool. I like the bridge a lot. If I recall correctly the
> Squeak plugin didn't interact with the outside world in any way.
>
> What's the story on the PepperPlugin I see referred to in
> NativeClientBrdige>>#handleMessage? How did you make that?

  I was about to to Squeaksource but it is taking its usual weekend
off.  The code is in my github:

https://github.com/yoshikiohshima/NaClSqueak/blob/master/squeak-svn/PepperPlugin.cs

(The line ending prevents github to show the content on the web, but
you can download in one way or another.)

-- Yoshiki