[squeak-dev] Pharo compatibility

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 16:09:11 UTC 2011

As I threatened a while back, I've started up a "Pharo shim" - a
package that adds to a Squeak image those messages necessary to get
interesting Pharo projects working in Squeak:

http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoCompatibility

At the moment "interesting projects" means "PetitParser", and so the
shim merely contains Symbol >> #isBinary.

Going forwards, as I find other bits necessary - my upcoming
Helvetia/LanguageBoxes work will no doubt uncover bits and pieces -
I'll add to Pharo-Compatibility.

I expect some bits to make their way into trunk, and we can regard
Pharo-Compatibility as a proving ground of sorts.

frank