[squeak-dev] Universe Access w/o Provider/Maintainer

Overcomer Man overcomer.man at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 16:39:48 UTC 2011

I attempted to install 2 Universe packages (Video and Speech) but they both
report errors then stop.  How do I download a whole package so I can learn
enough to fix the bug when the Provider / Maintainer is gone?

I emailed requests for both packages to fix the install errors and was
notified Speech 9 Provider Mathieu.Suen at yahoo.fr is a non-working address.
 The other request is still pending.

Ought the Universe Browser and/or Squeak Release process be changed to note
which packages are compatible with the new Squeak release?  Or if not,
provide an alternate button to download a fileout of old package code?

Thanks,
Kirk W. Fraser