[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-nice.614.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Sep 7 21:01:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Nicolas Cellier uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-nice.614.mcz

> Name: Kernel-nice.614
> Author: nice
> Time: 7 September 2011, 7:10:52.779 pm
> UUID: 8b421fd9-75f4-2e44-bef4-9bbf5cd3b57a
> Ancestors: Kernel-nice.613
>
> Let (ScaledDecimal newFromNumber: 0.0 scale: 2) print itself.
>
> While at it, review ScaledDecimal comment and indicate that the fraction inst var can be an Integer eventually.
>
> =============== Diff against Kernel-nice.613 ===============
>
> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: Integer>>printTruncatedOn:showingDecimalPlaces: (in category 'printing') -----
> + printTruncatedOn: aStream showingDecimalPlaces: placesDesired
> + 	"Print a representation of the receiver on aStream in decimal notation with prescribed number of places after decimal separator.
> + 	Print as if the receiver was truncated to requested precision."
> +
> + 	self printOn: aStream.
> + 	placesDesired > 0
> + 		ifTrue:
> + 			[aStream nextPut: $..
> + 			aStream nextPutAll: (String new: placesDesired withAll: (Character digitValue: 0))]!

Wouldn't

 	aStream
 		nextPut: $.;
 		next: placesDesired put: $0

be better here? I mean $0 is the character we want to see and not
something language specific (especially after using $. for the decimal
separator). Also creating a string seems to be overkill for most cases.
I'm just nitpicking, but couldn't stand to ask. :)

Levente

snip