[squeak-dev] [CI] Author, question about a Pharoism

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 20:59:59 UTC 2011

I'm looking at what Lukas did for CI in Pharo, it looks wholly adaptable to
Squeak AFAICT.

I'm hung up on a Pharoism. I'd really like to be able to check what fork I'm
in and then do the right thing, but I'll settle for forking the package
(temporarily) if it means I can get a build building in short order.

How would one say this in Squeak? It's the during: part that I'm not sure
about; I know of Utilities>>authorInitials. Well, I suppose I'm also fuzzy
on how I'd default to 'hudson' for the author... it seems like maybe I can
just force the use of 'hudson' as the author and call it good... not sure I
see the use case otherwise.

HDTestReport>>run
Author uniqueInstance
ifUnknownAuthorUse: 'hudson'