[squeak-dev] [CI] Unloading a package programmatically?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 09:44:24 UTC 2011

On 9 September 2011 04:58, Casey Ransberger <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the after.st script, I see this. This is probably where the build is
> hanging presently.
> "Unload Build Tools"
> [ Gofer new
>         package: 'HudsonBuildTools';
>         unload ]
>                 on: Error
>                 do: [ :err | "package not present" ].
> !
> This is to rid the build tools from the produced artifact, a nice touch.
> Since we don't have Gofer in Squeak, is there an easy way to do this?

It shouldn't be very hard to get Gofer working in Squeak, I would
think. It doesn't touch the UI (or it shouldn't!) which is one can of
worms that needn't be opened.

(We don't need to repeat the discussion around Installer/Gofer/Goofy:
I just want to see useful Pharo stuff available so we can avoid the
dreaded NIH syndrome. If it's ugly/overengineered/aesthetic-offending
and it WORKS, then I'm happy.)

frank