[squeak-dev] [CI] Unloading a package programmatically?

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Sep 9 10:38:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Frank Shearar wrote:

> On 9 September 2011 04:58, Casey Ransberger <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In the after.st script, I see this. This is probably where the build is
>> hanging presently.
>> "Unload Build Tools"
>> [ Gofer new
>>         package: 'HudsonBuildTools';
>>         unload ]
>>                 on: Error
>>                 do: [ :err | "package not present" ].
>> !
>> This is to rid the build tools from the produced artifact, a nice touch.
>> Since we don't have Gofer in Squeak, is there an easy way to do this?
>
> It shouldn't be very hard to get Gofer working in Squeak, I would
> think. It doesn't touch the UI (or it shouldn't!) which is one can of
> worms that needn't be opened.

I guess Gofer works in Squeak (1 failure and 1 error for
Gofer-Core-lr.128). The question is: how do you unload Gofer itself?

Installer can unload mc stuff, but it's broken at the moment:

Installer mc unload: 'HudsonBuildTools'.

There's a DNU: #freeSomeSpace, which is easy to fix, and there's
#fixObsoleteReferences, which is too simple to work as expected.

Levente