[squeak-dev] MethodWrappers for Squeak 4.2

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 23:31:26 UTC 2011

Hi All,

    I've completed porting MethodWrappers to Squeak 4.2.  You'll need to
update your image to at least Compiler-eem.215 & Kernel-eem.623.  You can
find MethodWrappers4.2-eem.17 at http://www.squeaksource.com/MethodWrappers.
 Enjoy.

P.S.  Anyone in VW land interested in updating the codee?  The class
comments in VW are obsolete (valueNowOrOnUnwindDo: is mentioned instead of
ensure: etc).  If you do update the code you might want to add the tweak I
did to MwBlockMethodWrapper>valueWithReceiver:arguments: to make both before
and after blocks optional. i.e.

MwBlockMethodWrapper methods for evaluating
valueWithReceiver: anObject arguments: anArrayOfObjects
"Optionally evaluate beforeBlock before evaluating clientMethod if
beforeBlock is non-nil.
 Optionally evaluate afterBlock afterwards if afterBlock is non-nil."
self wasActive: true.
self beforeBlock ifNotNil:
[:beforeBlock| beforeBlock value: anObject value: anArrayOfObjects].
^self afterBlock
ifNil: [self clientMethod valueWithReceiver: anObject arguments:
anArrayOfObjects]
ifNotNil:
[:afterBlock|
[self clientMethod valueWithReceiver: anObject arguments: anArrayOfObjects]
ensure: [afterBlock value: anObject value: anArrayOfObjects]]

--
best,
Eliot