[squeak-dev] updating one or two packages?

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Mon Sep 19 21:42:04 UTC 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    what would be the MonticelloConfigurations code to update a single
> package or a pair of packages?  i.e. how to selectively achieve the results
> of update squeak for a specific subset of packages?  I know in general this
> is an ill-formed request.  Updating in general may require all the packages
> in the system.  But some packages (in my case Compiler and Kernel) have
> pretty limited dependencies and I know that they can be updated
> independently of the rest of the packages in the Newspeak image we're using
> (this image derived from Squeak 4.2 trunk with a slew of additions).  I want
> to update just Compiler and Kernel in our Newspeak image and I want in this
> case to avoid the long route, which is to apply our Newspeak bootstrap to
> trunk.

I guess you're looking for #disableUpdatesOfPackage:, but I'm pretty sure
you won't be able to update the image without additional packages
like System and Files.
Btw, it's probably easier hard-wiring your selected packages into
updateFromRepositories: than to add all other packages one-by-one to
SkipPackages by #disableUpdatesOfPackage:.

Levente