[squeak-dev] Fixing the "what to show" button on browsers (was: Inbox: ToolBuilder-Kernel-dtl.50.mcz)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Sep 24 20:06:31 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 07:51:51PM +0000, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Provide updating button for "what to show" button on CodeHolder, similar
> to Squeak 3.8 behavior. This button activates a menu, and displays the
> resulting menu selection. For the default look, normal buttons are rounded
> and the menu activation button is square (vice versa if the "Rounded
> Button Corners" preference is disabled). When menu selection is changed,
> the button label displays the selected mode ('source', 'decompile',
> 'bytecodes' etc).

I uploaded three packages to the inbox for review. These add a
couple of hooks to ToolBuilder to teach an action button to react
to "changed: #contents" notifications from a browser, and to allow
showing a visual cue that distinguishes a menu activation button
from an action button. As implemented here, the look and behavior
is similar to pre-toolbuilder Squeak (although a nice graphical
icon in the button would be a nicer visual cue than the old square
versus rounded corners cue, help welcome here).

Comments and review appeciated, and if no objections I'll move
this to trunk a few days from now.

Dave