[squeak-dev] Smallspaces - Tuple Space on Smalltalk

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Tue Sep 27 20:50:34 UTC 2011

Am 22.09.2011 20:31, schrieb Nikolay Suslov:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, It is a very good idea. There was an attempt
> http://www.squeaksource.com/Linda.html by Rob Withers of implementation of
> Linda <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_(coordination_language)>Tuplespaces.
>
> Regards,
> Nikolay
I have some working code (I think it was derived from Rob Wither's work, but I need to check).
It is pretty basic (as in single-image tuple spaces right now) so it can be used to try out writing Linda-style
Smalltalk, but does not yet support actual parallel execution.
I am currently thinking about how this could be done in a performance-conscious way, but I do not have any code for that.
Tomorrow I can fetch the most recent version of the code (I don't have it here).

Cheers,
Hans-Martin