[squeak-dev] Re: OSProcess bug affecting OSP 4.4.4 on Windows

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Sep 28 11:26:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 03:04:01AM -0700, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Where did you hide the version description of 4.4.5? :) I cannot find it in
> ConfigurationOfOSProcess in
> "http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository".
>
> Is it "OSProcess-dtl.65"? Could you please update the Metacello
> configuration, too?

Version 4.4.5 is the version label for the OSProcess package itself,
as identified by 'OSProcess versionString'. Note that this is the
version labeling system that I have used with OSProcess for over
10 years, so the version identifiers in ConfigurationOfOSProcess
are a more recent invention ;)

Version descriptions are found in the Monticello updates. For
example, if you open a Monticello browser on OSProcess-dtl.65
in the squeaksource.com/OSProcess repository, then click the
"History" button, you will find a history of changes to the
package, including identification of the OSProcess version
labels associated with each update. Older version history for
OSProcess (before Monticello) is on the swiki at
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/708.

ConfigurationOfOSProcess should not require any update. I have
always recommended using the latest version of OSProcess for
Squeak or Pharo unless you have a specific reason to do otherwise.

HTH,
Dave