[squeak-dev] Re: MethodWrappers for Squeak 4.2

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 18:41:52 UTC 2011

Hi Marcel,

    first you need to update 10977 to trunk. Here's how:

1. start up 10977.
2. open the preferences browser; MenuBar->Tools->Preferences
3. search for "update"
4. change Update URL:'s value to http://source.squeak.org/trunk
5. update Squeak

Half way through you'll get a conflict in a Monticello update.  You want to
keep the change that does /not/ delete versionFromFileNamed:.  If you get
this wrong and later get an MNU during s subsequent update simply open a
change set browser, locate Monticello-cmm.440, select versionFromFileNamed:,
choose versions and revert to the latest one, then proceed the MNU notifier.

Then save your updated trunk image.  Now you will be able to load
MethodWrappers4.2.  And no, I won't port MethodWrappers to 4.2 base, only to
trunk :)

cheers
On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:12 AM, Marcel Taeumel <
marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> The current version of Squeak 4.2, namely #10977, includes Kernel-nice.542
> and Compiler-nice.184. Having this, your update of MethodWrappers is not
> usable with Squeak 4.2 but with the trunk version?
>
> Is there a chance that the required versions of Kernel and Compiler will be
> integrated into Squeak 4.2 soon?
>
> Marcel
>
> --

best,