[squeak-dev] Re: Now available: a database conectivity API and its MySQL implementation

Anindya Haldar anindya_haldar at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 02:35:15 UTC 2011

I believe this is a version issue. I tested my code with MySQL 5.0.67 on Mac OS X. The details of the test platform combinations are in the project page in Squeaksource.

Could you please let me know your MySQL version and platform?  It is entirely possible that for certain versions/conditions the handshake protocol does another extra step. This is something I found NOT applicable for the version I was working with, although the reference C implementation does have such provisions.

I will also keep looking for more details meanwhile.

Best,
Anindya