[squeak-dev] OmniBrowser support now in trunk

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Tue Apr 3 00:19:34 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Just wanted give a bit more context for the changes I've just uploaded
to trunk. They fall into two categories:

One is adding support for icons in lists. OmniBrowser uses this to
indicate things like methods being overridden and classes inheriting
from certain important superclasses, like Collection or Exception.

The other is making the current selection available when building
context menus for text panes. Previously the current selection wasn't
available when the menu was being built, though you could get it when
actually executing a menu command. Having the selection lets us
determine which refactorings are applicable, and indicate that
correctly in the menu.

I probably should have submitted these changes to the Inbox for review
before pushing them to trunk, but I didn't think of it until I had
already uploaded the first few versions. I don't think there's much
risk of breaking anything, though. There's very little change to
existing code, and that's only triggered by the model indicating that
it wants to use the new functionality when it builds a window in
ToolBuilder.

The next release of OmniBrowser should be available pretty soon too,
just a few more bugs to fix.

Colin