[squeak-dev] GSoC news: we got 30 proposals, few stats

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sat Apr 7 08:25:47 UTC 2012

Dear Smalltalkers,

Yesterday passed a deadline for students to propose how will they do the
projects and we received 30 proposals from 23 students, which is in my
opinion quite a nice number and I'm sure we can end up with quite a
number of nice projects this year. And what is even more important: new
Smalltalkers in community!

Next two weeks mentors will review and rank/vote for the proposals,
Google will give us a number of stipendiums it will provide and in few
days after Friday 20.April we will have a final list of accepted
students and their projects.

Few stats (numbers of all participating):

 32 projects
 34 mentors
 32 students
 30 proposals