[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Styled Text Editor for Cuis 4.0 Smalltalk

Juan Vuletich (mail lists) juanlists at jvuletich.org
Thu Apr 26 19:21:15 UTC 2012

Quoting "H. Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com>:

> On 4/21/12, Bernhard Pieber <bernhard at pieber.com> wrote:
>> Am 21.04.2012 um 22:22 schrieb "phil at highoctane.be" <phil at highoctane.be>:
>>> Yeah VM works on iOS.
>> Cool!
>>
>>> My use case is private, nothing fancy. I just value having decent
>>> TextEditor and friends.
>>>
>>> For an OO thing like  Smalltalk Pharo, it would be a shame to now have a
>>> top notch UI kit for editing text.
>> I totally agree. That's one reason why I started the Styled Text Editor
>> project. ;-)
>
> Great effort!
> Are there screen shots of the implementation available somewhere?

We haven´t published any. I can do it in case you´re not able to run it...

> In which format does it save the files? RTF? HTML? Something else?

Native format is SmartRefStream. The export to RTF is done and used
for ExtendedClipboard (currently only supported on the 4 series Mac
VM). It would be trivial to add support for saving RTF files, but RTF
can not hold all the features StyledTextEditor supports, so it is
better to use own format.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Cheers,