[squeak-dev] First green ball on Jenkins

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 14:59:01 UTC 2012

On 1 August 2012 15:40, Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
> "OK, I have a possible fix. Chris Cunnington, would you please run "git
> reset --hard" in /home/teamjenkins/workspace/Squeak ? You'll need to
> do that as the jenkins user or via sudo, rather than teamjenkins.
> Thanks!"
>
> [root at server1 Squeak]# git reset --hard
> HEAD is now at 1465a2f This should contain all the packages whose tests all
> pass. Failing packages commented out.

How annoying. That didn't fix things. It still fails, for what looks
like permissions problems:

Caused by: hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git checkout -f
c21473cbba1e461eb5b7bd22623106c6bbad3943" returned status code 1:
stdout:
stderr: error: unable to unlink old 'Squeak4.4-12053.changes'
(Permission denied)
error: unable to unlink old 'builtastic.sh' (Permission denied)
error: unable to unlink old 'tests.st' (Permission denied)
Warning: you are leaving 1 commit behind, not connected to
any of your branches:

  1465a2f This should contain all the packages whose tests all pass.
Failing packages commented out.

Oh. I'm silly, I should have asked you to sudo as jenkins. Those
changed files are now owned by root:root. "cd
/home/teamjenkins/workspace/Squeak; sudo chown jenkins:jenkins *; sudo
-u jenkins git reset --hard" is the answer, I think.

frank