[squeak-dev] Re: Re: First green ball

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Thu Aug 2 18:28:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 10:35:37 -0700, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Chris Cunnington <
>smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't actually use a mail client. I read the Archive and cut and paste
>> new messages. I don't press Reply. Only Send.
>
>Doing this is a pain.  It causes your replies to start a new thread in the
>readers the vast majority of us use.  Why don't you use a mail reader?

Sorry to be off topic but to stick up for Chris: I use Forte Agent, a
combination email client and news reader.  I follow this thread from the
newsgroup "gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general" (not as email) but
from the news reader part of Forte Agent.  Forte Agent groups ALL the
messages of this thread as one thread.  Chris's subject lines are "First
green ball", Frank and Bert's are "Re: First green ball" and all are
grouped as one thread.  Don't ask me how Forte Agent does it but it does.

I expect this post will be "Re: Re: First green ball" because I am replying
to Eliot's post.  I hope it does not start a new thread, I'm sure it won't
for me.  If I could wave a magic wand, I would just get rid of all the
"Re:" stuff as it often becomes a long "Re: Re: Re: Re:" (and some times
with the "Re:" equivalent from some language other than English) and adds
nothing to the understanding of the subject.  And if they get long enough,
can push the subject out of view.

Anyway, sorry for the rant but lets not be too hard on Chris.

Lou