[squeak-dev] 12 red tests to go...

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 08:26:59 UTC 2012

After a crash course in how PackageInfo actually works, we're down to
12 failing tests:
http://www.squeakci.org/job/SqueakTrunk/26/testReport/?

(For the curious: while your browser shows 'Compression-Streams' and
'Compression-Archives', these are not packages (i.e., instances of
PackageInfo) but just strings. The PackageInfo you seek is PackageInfo
named: 'Compression', the base token of any category.

Or, if you prefer, if you want to find all packages that contain tests
(in alphabetical order), run:

((((TestCase allSubclasses collect: #category) "Find all
test-containing categories"
    collect: [:cat | (cat splitBy: '-') first]) asSet) "Convert
categories to package names, and remove duplicates"
        intersection: (PackageInfo allPackages collect: #name))
asSortedCollection "Limit to actually occuring PackageInfo instances"

The above's not 100% accurate, because it will include abstract TestCases.

I deliberately flattened the above and stored explicit package names
in the test setup under version control; this lets us easily bisect
the list of packages when hunting down why, say, a Compiler test
crashes the image (because of a missing sound library).

frank