[squeak-dev] Re: CI ftw

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sat Aug 11 13:33:41 UTC 2012

Frank Shearar-3 wrote

> I should add: my CI todo list is here -

1. "After updating the image, print out the version number..."
One thing I've found very useful on Pharo's Jenkins is that the latest
update is put in the build description, so you can see exactly which version
you're getting (pic attached to Nabble post):
http://forum.world.st/file/n4643842/Screen_Shot_2012-08-11_at_9.29.09_AM.png

This is provided by a plugin
(https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Description+Setter+Plugin). You
output a line from the build script (e.g. "[version] #11860) and then the
plugin picks it up with a regex like "\[version\] (.*)":
http://forum.world.st/file/n4643842/Screen_Shot_2012-08-11_at_9.23.12_AM.png

2. "progress printing to stdout". One thing to note - Jenkins only shows
full lines in the console log. I was trying to output "..............."
incrementally to signify download progress, but none of the $. showed up
until the newline was issued
(https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-14435)