[squeak-dev] #unload, preambleOfRemoval and Monticello

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Mon Aug 13 16:53:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm at the final phase of pushing out a version of RFB that works with
Squeak 4.3 and 4.4, but I'm having some trouble with unloading. The
package has two classes (RFBServer and RFBClient) which implement #unload.
This method is normally sent before the class is removed from the system,
but if I unload the package with MC, then it's never sent. I think MC
removes the method before actually calling it, but that's just a guess.

In order to work around this issue I thought that adding a
preambleOfRemoval script to the package will be okay. The script was:

RFBServer unload.
RFBClient unload

But during unloading I get a debugger, because RFBServer is not in the
system anymore. If it's really the preamble of removal, then shouldn't the
script be evaluated before removing the classes?

Cheers,
Levente