[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Collections-cwp.486.mcz

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Tue Aug 14 15:02:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 5:29 AM, Juan Vuletich (mail lists)
<juanlists at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> For this method, #tokenish and several others, please take a look at senders
> & implementors of #isGenerallyValidInIdentifiers and
> #isGenerallyValidStartOfInIdentifiers in Cuis. This style eases having a
> consistent behavior.

Can you be more specific about what you're suggesting? Are you talking
about the distinction between the first character and the subsequent
characters when scanning an identifier? Refactoring to reduce
duplication? Self documenting code via clear selector names?

It's too late in the release cycle to adopt the Cuis' implementation
wholesale—particularly since Cuis doesn't pass the all the tests I
committed yesterday. (For example, #'_value' precedence answers 2.)
For 4.4 I'll be happy if we can make underscore selectors work without
having to patch the system before loading a package that contains
them. (eg Xtreams).

Colin