[squeak-dev] Re: Why FFI is not included with latest squeak ?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 11:03:45 UTC 2012

There is a more recent video, a presentation which i gave at ESUG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=a3paB9-iaCY

and for examples, i forgot to mention Athens..
http://www.squeaksource.com/Athens
which is a vector graphics engine we developing.
You load
ConfigurationOfAthens which is metacello configuration
and then just invoke
ConfigurationOfAthens loadVersion: '1.2'
which is latest available today.
It will automatically load nativeboost (so, you don't have to install
it by yourself)
and you can browse the code in Athens-Cairo package to see how i using
NB to bind with Cairo graphics library.. for example look at
AthensCairoCanvas class, like:

rectangleX: x y: y width: aWidth height: aHeight
	<primitive: #primitiveNativeCall module: #NativeBoostPlugin>

	^ self nbCall: #(void cairo_rectangle (self,
		 double x, double y,
		 double aWidth, double aHeight) )

--
Best regards,