NBHelp in Squeak (Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Why FFI is not included with latest squeak ?)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Aug 21 22:04:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 21 August 2012 23:20, dimitris chloupis <thekilon at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Ah thank you , I had version 1 and now version 4 is installed together with
>> all dependencies. Any idea how I use NB-help ?
>>

> i don't know how you can do it in squeak image, in pharo image just
> open help browser

It uses too many "pharoisms", so it won't work in Squeak out of the box:
- Gofer
- LogicalFont
- StandardFonts
- pragma-based "registration" for HelpSystem

The first can be loaded, the lines containing the next two can be replaced
with "TextStyle defaultFont" and then you can open the HelpBrowser with:
HelpBrowser openOn: NBHelp asHelpTopic.

Btw, green text for source code doesn't look very nice and it would be
better to use the Metacello API to load PP.

Levente