PharoCompatibility (was Re: NBHelp in Squeak (Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Why FFI is not included with latest squeak ?))

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 14:44:18 UTC 2012

The class #Symbol in Pharo 1.4 has the two methods

    isBinary
        	"Answer whether the receiver is a binary message selector."

	      ^ self precedence = 2

and

    isInfix
        	"Answer whether the receiver is an infix message selector."

	    ^ self precedence = 2

The implementation tells us that they are synonyms there.

The class #Symbol in Squeak 4.3#12192 does not have the method #isBinary

but #isInfix is there

    isInfix
    	"Answer whether the receiver is an infix message selector."

    	^ self precedence = 2

>From my point of view there is no problem of including  #isBinary

--Hannes