[squeak-dev] An Apology

Juan Vuletich (mail lists) juanlists at jvuletich.org
Thu Aug 30 11:28:06 UTC 2012

Hi Casey,

Quoting Casey Ransberger <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com>:

> Hello everyone.
>
> I was distressed when I wrote my farewell. I came off as a total
> jerk. I'm sorry.
>
> Shit happened. Some friends of mine, who were in my favorite band,
> were gunned down. I'm still dealing with it. It's still not easy to
> talk about.

I know you've been through terrible times. Remember I'm with you, my
friend. I'd like to be geographically closer, to be able to help with
more than just a few words.

> I want to say: the people on this list are rare, brilliant, and
> beautiful. Don't ever stop doing what you do, don't ever stop
> believing in what you believe, and never stop fighting for the
> causes that matter to you.
>
> Life is really short. We don't get a lot of time. Some of us get
> more time than others. It's not always clear what to do, but we
> should use the time that we have to improve the lot for everyone
> else, and more so, for the kids who will follow us into the unknown.

Thank you. I'll follow your advice. You Casey are one of these rare,
brilliant and beautiful people. Heal soon, so you can follow your
advice too.

> I have met more wonderful people on this list than I can count on my
> fingers and toes. I've learned more than I realized at the outset
> was to be learned from you.
>
> Thank you. Is what I should have said.
>
> I hope that some day soon, I'll be able to contribute something to
> the Smalltalk community, but for now, I have to go rest and heal.
> And play my guitar.

Squeak and its community will be here, awaiting for you. Just never
stop playing the guitar!

> Farewell for now,
>
> Casey

Cheers,