[squeak-dev] The Weekly Squeak - some statistics

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:26:49 UTC 2012

http://news.squeak.org/

I've been posting The Weekly Squeak for six months. I never looked at
the statistics until today. A slow day for The Weekly Squeak is 70 views.

The weirdest thing is the number of views of old posts. I guess people
reach them by Google? The top ten posts for the last week are:

* = posted in the last month

Mmm...RaspberryPi *
Help Design The New squeak.org *
Squeak On Android
64-bit image *
Old Smalltalk Pics From PARC
JSSqueak -Smalltalk interpreter
Tangible User Interface for Squeak

Most of the views come from North America and northern Europe. There are
also views from Korea, Thailand, Japan, Australia, Spain, Columbia, and
Argentina.

Do robots scan blogs? Do they count as visitors? At any rate, more
people look at this than I would have suspected. By way of contrast and
to address the idea that visitors are just robots, The Squeak Oversight
Board blog has an average daily visitor count of eight views.

We can conclude two things: Squeakers may be low on the ground but all
around the world; and, the Raspberry Pi is the most viewed post for
awhile. Everybody likes ?.

Chris