[squeak-dev] SqueakMap: adding/editing releases

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Mon Dec 3 18:34:31 UTC 2012

On 12/03/2012 11:18 AM, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 3 December 2012 17:01, Ken Causey<ken at kencausey.com>  wrote:
>> Frank said:
>>>
>>> I'm getting 502s when trying to edit releases. (For instance,
>>>
>>> http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/account/package/00e786be-3742-4976-be5b-ddfb6b51aeda/editreleases)
>>>
>>> Is there something wrong with SqueakMap? Perhaps SM just needs a touch
>>> of the lash?
>>>
>>> frank
>>

>> That URL is pointing to a very very old hostname that hasn't existed or been
>> in use for years.  Where are you seeing a link like that?
>
> I googled for "squeakmap"; it's the first result.
>
> frank

As Frank has pointed out, what I thought was a no longer existing
hostname does in fact still exist; it is just another name for
map.squeak.org.  But this may not quite work as well as it once did and
really we should have disabled that hostname some time ago.  Since we
didn't Google has happily continued to index packages under that hostname.

So for now what I have done is change the configuration so that if a
map1.squeakfoundation.org URL is used it is automatically redirected to
the same map.squeak.org URL and with a permanent redirection status.
Hopefully google and other search indexers will register the redirection
and correct their indexes.

Ken