[squeak-dev] Cannot debug from Process browser

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:33:54 UTC 2012

A few times lately I have noticed I can no longer open a debugger from the
Process browser (via Command+d).  As soon as I select it the image locks up.

If I break in with Command+. right away I was able to do some minimal
tracing.  It appears the Process instance I want to debug; his #nextLink is
himself. This results an endless recursion when his printing method simply
tries to ask his #size.

Incidentally, the Process I wanted to debug was simply waiting on a
Semaphore of a network Socket, not actually doing any processing when I
tried to debug it, and I can reproduce this problem every time.

I *know* I used to be able to debug these; anyone have any ideas what could
be wrong now?

thanks..