[squeak-dev] squeak.org updated

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 21:09:34 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-06 3:58 PM, Darius Clarke wrote:
> Let me know what you think of these sites as examples of ideas (not to
> copy per say. just ideas of what questions these web pages answer):
>
> http://sproutcore.com/
> http://emberjs.com/
>
> http://www.squarespace.com/
>
> - Darius

First to consider your first email. I don't think we're going to have a
scroll down fold, so it's not a big issue anymore. The thing we want
people to do is download, which is going to be the top left panel of the
six, so it should be easy to see.

These three sites look similar and were likely made with a similar
template. They have a horizontal layout. They look sort of busy, which
is good. Lots of little details but no mooring focus. You look left and
right a lot.

I think the layout we have at the moment fans out from the upper left
corner, so it has a focus and motion fanning outward. What those sites
do have is a dynamic use of color. And one has a great background graphic.

Maybe the bar across the top of our site needn't be black. It could be a
darker hue of a color in the background. The emberjs.com and SproutCore
sites do that well. Maybe we could have cobalt blue bar at the top and
background of a lighter shade of blue.

Chris