[squeak-dev] Squeak4.4 RC1 is available

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Dec 16 21:42:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 03:16:23PM -0600, Chris Muller wrote:
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-12303.zip
>
> I suggest we use a consistent naming convention that conveys the
> general ("4.4") and specific ("-12303") version information.  After a
> week has gone by for the community to download and verify it, there is
> no need to deploy yet another (renamed) image, so the "candidate" is
> truly a candidate for release -- the one that was tested.  Then all we
> have to do is [ANN]ounce.

Yay!

One glitch - the image and changes files unpack as read-only on my (linux)
box. If you could re-zip them after a chmod +w, that might save some
confusion.

And a SqueakMap issue (?) The Squeak version is "Squeak4.4" and the
version tag in SqueakMap is "Squeak 4.4". I think this may be causing
SqueakMap to say that the "Squeak 4.4" packages are not compatible
with the image.

Thanks,
Dave