[squeak-dev] NetNameResolver localHostAddress bug in trunk

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:59:23 UTC 2012

On 17 December 2012 14:12, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 01:22:02PM +0000, Frank Shearar wrote:

>> > Yes I think that is better. But try browsing #enableIPv6: and some other
>> > methods in NetNameResolver. I'm getting errors with missing sources. Is
>> > something broken in the changes file?
>>
>> That's odd. Do you see this with the shiny new RC at
>> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-RC2.tgz ?
>
> No, it looks fine now in Squeak4.4-RC2.tgz :)
>
> Although we do still have:
>
>   NetNameResolver useOldNetwork ==> false
>
> Setting useOldNetwork to true will cause IPv6 support to be disabled. Too
> many double negatives I suppose ;)

That makes sense, but I'm still confused, because both my little
release script and ReleaseBuilder-fbs.85 set useOldNetwork to true.

But NetNameResolver class >> #initiaize has "Smalltalk
addToStartUpList: self", so could actually set useOldNetwork BACK to
false even though the image was saved with value true?

I have just realised another problem, which is that I've saved this
image from a Cog VM.

frank