[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak4.4 RC1 is available

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:25:33 UTC 2012

On 17 December 2012 15:20, glenpaling <slp5591 at me.com> wrote:
> I get a bunch of Monticello test failures and errors.

Thanks for trying it out, Glen. I assume this is on OS X, right?

> Failures:
> 3272 run, 3227 passes, 18 expected failures, 17 failures, 10 errors, 0
> unexpected passes
> LocaleTest>>#testLocaleChanged

This one's known to be a broken test.

> MCChangeNotificationTest>>#testCoreMethodModified
> MCFileInTest>>#testStWriter
> MCPackageTest>>#testUnload
> MCPatchTest>>#testPatchContents
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testNoSelection
> MCSnapshotTest>>#testCreation
> MCStWriterTest>>#testMethodDefinition
> MCStWriterTest>>#testOrganizationDefinition
> MCWorkingCopyTest>>#testBackport
> MCWorkingCopyTest>>#testOptimizedLoad
> MCWorkingCopyTest>>#testRepeatedMerge
> MCWorkingCopyTest>>#testSelectiveBackport
> MCWorkingCopyTest>>#testSimpleMerge
> MCWorkingCopyTest>>#testSnapshotAndLoad

Hm, these are unexpected, and shouldn't be platform specific, and also
don't occur on the CI server.

> SocketTest>>#testSocketReuse
> SocketTest>>#testUDP

These might / are probably platform specific test failures: they don't
occur in CI, but CI runs on a Linux machine.

> Errors:
> MCChangeNotificationTest>>#testExtMethodModified
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testCategorySelected
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testClassSelected
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testClassSideClassSelected
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testComment
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testMethodIsCleared
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testMethodSelected
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testProtocolIsCleared
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testProtocolSelected
> MCStWriterTest>>#testInitializerDefinition

These too are unexpected.

Any chance of getting exception messages or stack traces or similar
for them? (You _should_ be able to wangle the info out of the
TestRunner by iterating over its TestCases, but I forget the precise
incantation to use.)

frank