[squeak-dev] Atltitude favicons

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 19:21:42 UTC 2012

On 17 December 2012 18:51, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2012, Chris Cunnington wrote:
>
>> I added a favicon.ico to the imageDirectory and put:
>>
>> locator at: (ALPath / 'favicon.ico')
>>            put: (ALFileResource on: (FSLocator imageDirectory /
>> 'favicon.ico'))
>>
>> into #initializeLocator.
>>
>> The favicon.ico missing error is gone. It's replaced with FSLocator
>> stumbling on something. Did I miss a step?
>

> You should use a link tag to specify the icon instead of placing a "file"
> named favicon.ico to the document root. See here how:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon

That would just shift the problem: there'd be an error trying to get
the file pointed to by the link. (Really, the file should be served up
by Apache or nginx, and the Altitude image shouldn't see the request
at all.)

Er, unless you meant that the link tag would point to something not
served by the image, in which case I agree with you!

frank