[squeak-dev] Release candidate Squeak4.4-12319 Test Results Cog OSX

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 22:15:21 UTC 2012

>> Why do you say that's breaking the tests?  If you "Do It" on one of
>> the failed MC tests it opens the debugger showing the failed assertion
>> even though initials have already been set.
>
> If the author initials aren't set, you get a FITBM asking for it. The
> proper cleanup and restoration of MC's test state will thus not
> happen. In particular, MCMockClassA does not get its #one method back,
> which later tests expect.
>
>> These tests weren't failing in 4.3 anyone know what happened?
>
> People usually don't run tests without author initials? Certainly
> these tests have ALWAYS passed on CI, but CI sets the author initials.
>
> I have yet to see evidence to contradict my hypothesis.

Eh, well I just opened the 4.3 release image and ran tests.  It asked
for my initials at the beginning and then ran all tests.  Those MC
tests didn't fail.  I don't think we can release without understanding
what's going on with them in 4.4.

Would someone volunteer?  I'm currently looking at Dave's SqueakMap
patch is needed now but not before and making sure we can, in fact,
deploy packages for 4.4 that will show up in SqueakMaps 4.4 list.